January 4, 2010

New year, new determination

I have a lot to catch up on after my extended vacation from checking emails, job searching, working on my portfolio, and ahem--blogging.


I got an iphone for Christmas, which is quite possibly the greatest invention of our generation. After having my fingers glued to the screen for a week straight I finally am able to withstand being apart from it for 30 (okay, maybe 5) minutes without experiencing separation anxiety.





"Words with Friends" app on my phone has kept up a healthy dose of competition among me and my friends throughout the past 2 weeks of being apart. Notice Eastallings is ahead by a mere 5 points....I feel a comeback ensuing.


I have watched an embarrassingly large number of movies during break, but 500 Days of Summer took the cake. Short, endearing, realistic-- all essential...and most importantly, the best soundtrack I have heard in a long time.


"Sweet Disposition" by the Temper Trap gets those creative juices flowing and adrenaline pumping for my next three weeks of grad school apps, job searches, resume and portfolio tweaking, and blogging:)







3 comments:

Ellen M. Hill said...

Girl, I totally agree- the iPhone is the great invention of our generation!

Haha... I love what you said about the apron. I usually end up wearing anything I give to my mom!

Ashlyn Stallings said...

Left you something on my blog :)

eeemma said...

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!

AND THIS SONG... and it plays twice in the movie! literally been listening to that song all since break.