October 1, 2009

May I offer my salutations?

                                                   


I noticed a slight skip in my step walking in and out of work today. This bolt of energy and sense of anticipation must be from the beautiful weather Birmingham has been blessed with this week, and the fact that fall has FINALLY arrived.

Hello October, I have been waiting for you. Now I can begin concocting my autumn shopping list….all the things I WOULD purchase, of course if I had the means:)

Mums…only in the golden fiery hues. 

A big fat pumpkin…I saw some of the biggest ones I have ever seen at the Mountain Brook Western yesterday. 

Candy Corn…I know, I still act like I am five years old. 

A tall non-fat chai tea latte, please! Well, I must admit, I succumbed to purchasing this item this morning. It is literally fall in a cup.

Frye boots…A girl can dream, right?

A grilled pimiento cheese sandwich…I don’t know if this has anything to do with fall, but Southern Living had an article for the perfect recipe on the wall this morning. How could anyone top Gilchrist’s Grilled Pimiento with lettuce and tomato on wheat?

A bonfire…with S'mores, heavy on the Hershey's.

A chilly football game…Alabama vs. Kentucky this weekend? Anyone?

A Halloween costume…I panic every year to find the perfect ensemble…any good ideas?

Pat Conroy’s new book, South of Broad with Needtobreathe’s new album playing on my ipod…because Charleston is wonderful (stay tuned for a post on my trip to this breathtakingly perfect coastal city) and because Needtobreathe has been on repeat on my ipod since August, so why should I change it up now?

P.S. If you need a little bit of autumnal inspiration, check out Steve Bender's story in Southern Living's October issue.

No comments: