October 13, 2009

I need a breather

After a long email day at Southern Living over custom-made doors, kitchen hardware, and pottery featured in the October issue, and a Media Law midterm in a foreign legal vernacular that stretches my brain to its maximum capacity, I need a refresher. I need to be reminded of the creative, the whimsical, the beautiful....

Cue, Haskell Harris, the Associate Editor of Garden and Gun magazine and her easy-going yet flawless blog called Belle Decor.

I adore Haskell and absolutely was thrilled to discover her adorable cottage in Birmingham (before she left us for Charleston) was featured Southern Living back in April...before I knew who she was. I am taking notes for when I finally have an apartment/condominium/home/something that does not include the word dormitory in its title.

Haskell's latest post went into detail of a Houston soiree thrown in her honor. Take a look at some of the party pics if you, too, are in need of a reminder that there is life outside of senior thesis, midterms, and sociology reading assignments that make one cross-eyed.

No comments: