February 22, 2010

I have found the dress for my last college formal (Oh, how I wish).

 Kate Bosworth in the most fabulous dress ever designed. Photo from InStyle.

Whilst flipping through InStyle, my guiding light in the fashion world, my heart skipped a beat gazing upon Kate Bosworth's Sonia Rykiel dress.

Personally, I gravitate towards three distinct elements when shopping for a formal affair and this dress easily met the criteria:

1) You've gotta love a good bow. This bow is a statement in itself. Sonia Rykiel must have some architectural skills because the structure of this dress created by the bow is stunning.


2) A little sparkle, a little glitz, a little glam. Hello sequins! These are screaming to be admired.


3) Killer shoes. Also by 79-year-old Rykiel, these works of art zip up in the back. The toughness of the heels balance out the old school glamour the dress radiates.

No comments: