October 27, 2009

The cat's meow



So with Halloween right around the corner I have partaken in my yearly groans of not wanting to dress up and complaining about being costume-less throughout the past week.

However, I had a costume epiphany yesterday while sitting in my art history class studying the classic "American Gothic".

Why not put to use the little black sequined number I recently used for Victoria Beckham, add some pearls, a sequined flapper headband, more pearls, some smoky eye makeup, and a pair of heels....

Now, which way to the speakeasy, please?

So, I was pretty impressed with not only my resourcefulness with this costume but also the fact that I had decided on an idea five days PRIOR to halloween.

And to my delight, Gossip Girl seemed to be experiencing a nostalgia for the prohibition era as well last night. Thank you Blair, for the killer idea for a hat; Olivia, you stole my dress; and Jenny, well, thank you for showing me what NOT to wear.

Also, my "So You Think You Can Dance" enthusiast mother just informed me that the opening number in the show last night also featured a "roarin' 20's" themed number.

The inspiration keeps falling in my lap.

No comments: